Saturday, January 24, 2009

Salam Aleikum everyone.............

Oh my god its been ages hasn't it!! Long story so here is the short version, Etisalat turned off our internet because we had not paid an overuse charge of over 11,000.00 DHS (about $5,000.00 AUS ) there is know way in this world we used that much so we put in a complaint and have yet to hear back, in the mean time we have been waiting for our new connection!! Inshalla (Allah willing) we will get it hooked up soon!!


So much to tell and not enough time to tell it in!! But I do have some wonderful news, my camera was delivered safe and sound to me by the wonderful John Lees who picked it up form Lachlan (My brother in law) before he left Brisbane to visit Abu Dhabi. He is my HERO!!!


Ok must run but I will leave you with 2 photos the first is my fave pic of the Grand Mosque and one of me in an abaya while visiting the mosque.


These were some of the first pics I took when I got my camera!!!

ma'assalama (goodbye) and Hugz everyone..........

5 comments:

scrapwitch said...

i love that your picking up the local tongue,and those pics are just WOW babe...i hope you fix these net problems asap.and lets see some of your delish art

scrapwitch said...

so glad that you got your camera back..happy smapping

Kylie said...

happy to hear your camera arrived safe & sound!! love you pics.

micarla said...

Hey!! Happy Australia Day to you too. Love pics! Just amazing.. Hope the kids are well and you have well and truly settled in. Been sending you funny emails, hope you like them. Take care friend.

HelnCam said...

OH my god!!!! Finally, I've found a way to contact you. I've been emailing you over and over and remembered this site 5 mths later!
There's not much happening here. I worked for 4 days and quit and now I'm back at Uni on Monday finishing off my Bookkeeper qualifications-6mths to go.
Cam's in grade 2, teeth grown in and he's a popular boy. I've been reading your blogs, Erin's plastic bag dress is simply AMAZING. You are soooooo clever. I love your pages-fave "normal behaviour" one.
So sorry to hear about your sister and brother in law, glad they got out safely- where are they now?
There is thick black and orange skies all over the state. Everything seems to have been affected by the fires, postal service, food quality, even uni books aren't there-everyone is busy helping out where they can. The Red Cross has raised over $68million and still going up. Newspapers are thick with pictures and stories-at least 60 pages every day. Everyone seems to know someone affected, and doing their bit in all this.
I better go, please reply soon, we miss you so much. p.s. How about some photos of your home?
Helen and Cameron XXXXXXXXXXXXX