Monday, June 15, 2009

Going RAW .............

I have used the RAW setting on my camera before but I could not get the hang of how to edit them and they did take up a lot of space on my memory card too, but once again the Practical Photography mag has given me a few heads ups on the best way to use and edit RAW files.

Here is 2 portraits of Erin I have tweeked up and no photoshop needed just adjustments in brightness, contrast, hue, saturation and sharpness.





Using RAW has not degraded the quality of the photo after editing unlike a jpeg and as someone who likes to play with my pics I think I will shoot a bit more in this form, just need a bigger memory card! Maybe 16G!!!!!

HUGZ.

6 comments:

scrapwitch said...

stunning

Kylie said...

Your little girl is such a true beauty!! hope your all well & enjoying youselfs!
Take care xx

miasmummy said...

Hi Robyn, just wondering if you are lost over there? need some more of your fabulous photos.... xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, Erin is growing up so fast. So much like her Mum. Amazing photos too. Hel & Little Cam xx

HelnCam said...

She's such a stunner, just like her Mum. Great techniques, you're so clever. Hey, callme...or email. same email address but changed to optusnet.com.au Helen and Little Cameron xxx

coley said...

Hey Rob where are you? Not sure if you know, my dad passed in Jan.
Hope to see your wonderful updates on here again soon.
Nicole and crew.