Monday, September 29, 2008

A new life and a new look blog.....

Well its been a while hasn't it........I should be spanked......

I'm finally in a head space now where I have got the time to blog...... Yeah.....

So I have finally moved to Abu Dhabi in the UAE and its going to take a while but I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.

Its a strange place, beautiful in some ways and 3rd worldish in others but I know one thing for sure the love to shop!! There are malls every where with anything you could ever want (well all most, have yet to find a scrap shop in Abu Dhabi but there is one in Dubai ) and being I hate shopping (except for scrap stuff) this is one thing that is turning out to be a struggle!!!!
I had a little freak out the day I left Brisbane and in my state of mental panic I left my canon 400d camera behind so I have taken Cameron's little point and shot Fuji ( OMG its small ) for my own till I can ship my baby over...... So please forgive the pics as I'm still getting used to looking at a screen and not though a viewer.......

Ok lets start with a few pics.........

this is downtown Abu Dhabi.......

a local mosque spire.......



our new appartment looking towards what will be the dining area....


The other end which will be the lounge and in the window my scrap table....



now this is the view from what will be my bedroom window......


once again from the same window.....no dout about it I live in a desert....
Well thats all for now will be back soon......HUGZ

7 comments:

scrapwitch said...

wow rob ,what a different enviroment your in now..i wish i could be there to smell and get a sence of what lifes like..thannks for the update..love the new look..love to all

ScrapManda said...

So glad to hear you have arrived safely (even if you're without your beloved camera!). Look forward to hearing more about your amazing experiences over there!

Michelle Jamieson said...

Wow...it's like it's a different world, isn't it??
Very different to Sunny Qld!

I can't wait to hear more about your new home...your new look looks fabulous!!

Chelle Xx

Anonymous said...

Omg... look at the size of your apartment and how high up it is... and yep... I think you will need to get use to the dust (from the desert you are now living in) xxx So is the clothes shopping cheap or expensive... hope you get to find the scrap shop when your set up your apartment. And oh geeeeeee you would be lost with out your camera lucky hubby had one

happy days to you all Bin xxx your in our thoughts xxx

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Glad to see some pics of where you are now, Robyn, and that you are looking ahead to when you will feel comfortable there. I wonder where they keep the scrap shops?? Surely they have some!

Yillup said...

Wow - it's amazing looking at how different things are in another country. I hope it doesn't take you long to settle. Once you have all the stuff around you that you want you'll hopefully feel more at home. Good luck with everything and update us often!

LMCharlton Photography said...

Hay Robin (waving!!!!)
Wow how different is it there.
Glad you made it safley and boy now you feel so far away!
Hope you find a scrapshop soon!
Take care to you and your family!
lynniexx