Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm all official now.......

Yes I have managed to get myself and the kids residance visas ( silly them for letting us into the country in the first place if you ask me! ) so we get to stay...... and I also got my UAE drivers licence so now I can drive on the wrong side of the road and not get into trouble for it!!lol
Funny I still go to get in the car on the rightside and the kids ask me who do I think is driving?? No really its not that bad once you get in the car from the leftside, you know where the steering thingy is, its the crazy speeding idiot drivers they have in this country that is the problem and I just don't think I could ever get used to being passed by a Land Cruiser doing 200km an hour! ( No really this is an everyday thing..)

So the good news is I'm mobil and I can at least get out and about a bit more, which in a way makes me wish I had my camera and then I just want to get on a plane home and not come back!! I'll get over it.... maybe! Well their could be some nice person out there in cyber space who works for Canon and you never know they might just have a 400d around the office that they don't use anymore and sling it my way? ( as if that would happen! )

There is one thing that has been going my way of late and thats my scrappin, I have found myself free of responsibility for the first time in ages and I have found a freeness in my creating it is the only thing that is keeping my sane as there is not much else for me at the moment......

Well here are my layouts from last week.........










I have to give the wonderful Fess ( aka Louise Nelson) a big thankyou for her inspiring cardboard layouts that promted most of these, as I'm not short on cardboard it seemed the perfect thing to be using but I must admit it had not come to mind till I had a look at Fess's blog.......
Well I hope your scrapping week was as creative as mine,
HUGZ......

8 comments:

scrapwitch said...

your work is amazing.the cardboard inspire..i love lous stuff too
glad your mobile and happening babe ,watch out for those crazy drivers.they are mad
!!!!!i drove on the other side in sweden ..takes a little getting used to but you'll nail it

Anonymous said...

OMG.......... look at all those wonderful layouts Bloody fantastic eye candy Robyn xxx

The thread for retreat is in the events section at Scrapchat also you will find on my sidebar at my blog a link to the retreat blog which has the challenge from Amanda easier then finding it on the website... hope you can join in.. The challenge details should go up at Scrapchat sometime on Friday for us who are not able to make it to the retreat. I will be having a little betting thread for the person who creates the most layouts again in the event thread xxx

tracey said...

oh hello -- wow 200km there is no way i would get in the car or on the road - that is just crazzzzeeeee. Glad to hear you are settling in and that you have an abundance of mojo - damn shame bout the Canon though - not sure what i would do now if i did not have it... take care robyn

Tanyah Payne said...

Love your work so much Robyn! Your one very tallented scrapper!

hope you can pop over to scrapchat on the weekend and join in Mandas challenge.

Great to hear your settling in
take care
Luv tanXx

Anonymous said...

here is the link to the retreat challenge

Rohttp://www.scrapchat.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2309byn

hope you can whip something up in your fantastic syle...

Anonymous said...

seems like the link is being blocked Bin... safty thing but you should find the two challenges One from Amanda and Gypsy's on the home portal page at the main scrapchat site, in the most active post section at the bottom...

Heids xx said...

OMG Robin ever inspiring girl!! Love your work. The cardboard looks fantastic!!

Louise said...

Sheeesh getting to visit your blog has taken me like...forever! aaaargh!!!

hey you dont need inspiration girl, your hot all on your own!!!

Lou :)x