Tuesday, April 7, 2009

This one is for all the scrappers........

A couple of months ago I meet a man from Iran selling traditionally printed cloth, the printing was done by hand with wooden stamps that were also hand carved he had some on display but I did not think that they were for sale, though later I thought the next time I see him I will ask. Then about a 2 weeks ago while Cam's Aunty Fay was visiting we found some in an antique shop, not as may as the man from Iran had but still they were amazing. One of the stamps took my eye so I got it, this ones from Kashmere not Iran.





You can see the chisel marks.


I need to find a better way to ink this stamp.

And a bit of watercolor.

Cam said there will be a suitcase of these going back to Oz, he might just be right!!

HUGZ

3 comments:

Louise said...

Imm soooo jalous!!! :)

Tooooo cool girl!

Lou x

Anonymous said...

Wow what a stunning stamp... ohhhhhhh I like it xxx

Tanyah Payne said...

wow i love this awesome image .... i will be looking to see what you come up with!

luv tanXx