Monday, April 6, 2009

Salam to all.......

Life here is challenging and I'm not sure if I am the right person for it! I find myself swaying between anger to hopeless frustration almost daily and this is just not me, I like the simple low stress life with good people and a community around me that is just so hard to find here.
Don't get me wrong there are groups like Aussies Abroad that do an amazing job of organizing events but I just find the cost gets to high for all 5 of us to do them.

What I need to do is focas on something other, so I'm going to try my photography as I have even put that aside of late and share my pics here with you and maybe I will start to lighten up a bit about being here.


This is a photo of the western area of Abu Dhabi.

********


The camels of this area are traditionally dark in colour.

********




Traditional woven camel blankets and decorations.

********



Camel in competition.

********







and some other traditional items.

********

I will post photos of the things that catch my eye daily from now on so please help keep me motivated in doing so.......

HUGZ


3 comments:

scrapwitch said...

wow wow wow
i want to insert a huge f... hell here those shots are superb sister wow i wish i was there exploring with you the glorious colours and textures smells and wonder ..miss u sister ..sorry ive been awol of late ..lifes swamped me so to speak
love your shots ..your work ...you sweet family and u

miasmummy said...

Your pics are great Robyn, please keep them up! I love to check out that side of the world. It would be so hard to live amongst such a different culture, I guess it can be quite restrictive at times.... Don't know you very well, cept for at the SM forum, but I love to catch a glimpse of your world over there!! xxx

Anonymous said...

I've missed your wonderful photos Bin so I am so so happy to see this side of you, flying free again xxx Hang in there sweetness we are here with you, and love that you are sharing a world far away from our every day xxx