Saturday, October 4, 2008

Picnic in the Desert..........

Well it was more of a dune bash than a picnic but it was my first time into the desert and I was blown away by it.............


So it began as a convoy out into the never never............




We're here , welcome to the DESERT............


And more desert..........



oh and somemore desert....... who am I kidding we're surrounded by it!!!!!!!




And they call this a picnic spot!!!!!!!


Ok there there were a few bikes and quads too, the girls were so very nicely offered a go on the quads this is a pic of Erin about 40 seconds before she slammed it into a fence post!!!!! The only solid thing out in this waste land and she had to hit it, no damage to the quad or Erin........




Ok Regans turn lets try and mame another child......He He He!!!



A waste land of tracks........



My new look Dune Bunny..............




I finally got a good pic of the new car..... It's a Dodge Darango...... and its stuck in the sand.......



Erin has been know as the lizard queen for many years but she truely showed how good she is by finding and capturing this little guy.......... in all this sand.........



So of dune dashing........ this one came of second best by the end of the day..........

I got a ride with Neil a mad crazy Canadian with a Hummer H3....... Oh it was fun and a little scary all rolled into one..........



Pic out the window...... you can see Neils reflection ..............



Late afternoon on the dunes and looking for that perfect shot with an imperfect camera...........










My first sunset over the dunes...............HUGZ

3 comments:

scrapwitch said...

waht fun you had...poor erin slaming into the only fence...
your doing great for no camera

Yillup said...

Wow! Even with an "imperfect" camera, you still got some amazing shots there! I don't know how I would cope with a lack of green - it's so much a part of Australia. Hope you settle in well!

Distant Travellers said...

Howdy
Have been waiting for you to be on skype - looks like you are having fun. The apartment looks amazing. Went to see Mel and Chris today - am having a fundraiser for an orphanage in Thailand on Oct 18 - they were kind enough to donate a bundle for the raffles - being in the shop almost makes me want to scrapbook - I'll put that on the list of things to do - "tour" went OK - already booked another 4 people for February - I think I am insane. Hoping to go to Berlin soon to visit "the child" - how are the kids coping - and you?
Take care - Lindy